Koch Turf & Ornamental DURATION CR
DURATION CR® controlled-release fertilizer relies on a patented and durable polymer-coated technology to gradually and efficiently release nutrients. The result is the consistent metering of nutrition that lasts for weeks, even months, with fewer applications. This consistency helps to take the worry out of maintaining healthy turfgrass and plants for turfgrass managers, lawn and landscape professionals and specialty ag growers.
“DURATION CR® has changed the way I fertilize my roughs and green surrounds; I have no idea why it took me so long to make the switch.”
Victor Frederico, Tavistock Country Club
ADVANCED POLYMER-COATING TECHNOLOGY
- Thickness of coating determines longevity from 45 to 180 days per application
- Polymer coating for consistent nitrogen (N) release
- Durable coating to maintain product integrity
- Withstands normal handling
- Resists abrasions
- Low-dust granule won’t clog spreaders
- SGN options - mini and regular
- Sulfate of Potash (SOP) micro, mini and regular
How It Works
Within a week of application, soil moisture penetrates the polymer coating through osmosis.
Encapsulated nutrients are dissolved, but not released.
Over time the dissolved nutrients slowly release through diffusion, in response to temperature and coating thickness.
After the complete release of nutrients, the polymer coating eventually decomposes by microbial activity into naturally occurring elements.
DURATION CR® controlled-release fertilizer sustains turfgrass growth and color, and is widely used by superintendents as well as lawn care professionals and sports turf managers. This enhanced efficiency product has also been successfully applied to improve specialty agriculture yield.
- Advanced polymer-coated technology for dependable nutrient release
- Reduced likelihood of feast/famine cycles, growth flushes and burn; healthier turfgrass and plants less susceptible to weed and disease pressures
- Release regulated by temperature and coating thickness
- Longevities for 45, 90, 120 and 180 days
- Fewer applications can reduce overall fertilizer expense, fuel costs and equipment upkeep; allows reallocation of labor
- Environmentally responsible with low potential for nutrient leaching, denitrification, runoff or volatilization
- Nitrogen and potash products available.
more control and flexibility
With longevities and sizes for every application, DURATION CR® fertilizer allows your customers to put together programs to best manage turfgrass and plant nutritional needs. They can also tailor fertilizer applications to the conditions—various growth cycles, weather, seasonal changes, traffic patterns and other unique situations.
LONGEVITIES (average days of nutrient release)
- 45 Day | Early or late season applications, or for use on areas in need of additional nutrition
- 90 Day | Provides balanced nutrition over targeted portions of the growing season, or for catch-up nutrition
- 120 Day | Provides needed nutrition to turf or plants with longer growing cycles that may require multiple applications, either early or late in the season or cycle
- 180 Day | Delivers consistent, dependable nutrition to turf or plants with extended growing cycles of up to six months
Release specifications for 80% total nutrient release at 68°F.
DURATION CR® fertilizer
DURATION CR® fertilizer is sized to accommodate a variety of application requirements — from greens, fairways and sports fields, to landscapes, residential and commercial properties.
SGN COMPARISON CHART
*Based on analysis of 43-0-0 applied at 1 lb. N per 1000 sq. ft.
Sustainable and Profitable
“Duration CR® delivers a precise and predictable amount of nitrogen to turfgrass over a variety of longevities.”
Bob Mann, formerly of Lawn Dawg